1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maurice Clarett Arrested -- Again.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D.Sanchez, Aug 9, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

lol

Nothing about the 16 hour work days in there.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Loved Tom Friend's story about Maurice Clarett's line at Broncos training camp:
    "I gotta get my Goose on!"
    As in Grey Goose.
    Beautiful!

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

What, I thought everyone liked to slam a few shots before working out? I know I love me some everclear before 5 mile runs.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I gotta gets my O'Doul's on.

[​IMG]

5. poindexter

Mo didn't forget to get his Goose on before his "big night":

[​IMG]

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The DMX disc (not to mention the lint roller) is a nice touch...

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Good story, unsympathetic, yet managed to shine some light on how he became as fucked up as he is.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Actually, there was a league decree that prevented him from playing football ... and they even went to court over it. I didn't see Cold Pizza, but I'm assuming they were talking about the league letting him play after his freshman year (which it should have ... but that's a whole other argument).

9. poindexter

His time in training camp with the Broncos must have been a dream sequence for me. Oh, and according to Tom Friend, he spent the year between camps training 16 hours a day.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

You're not paying attention, Poin. As I said, I didn't see the Cold Pizza argument in question, but going by what 21 said, when they say that if the NFL had let him play, none of this would have happened, they are clearly referring to when Clarett sued to be allowed into the draft after his freshman year and the NFL (and courts) said no. The NFL did NOT LET HIM PLAY and the Cold Pizza people apparently think things might have turned out differently for him if they had (it's not a leap I would make, but they're entitled to their opinions).

Clarett going to the Broncos two years after he sued for the right to enter the draft has zero to do with what they were talking about.

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

It's still a bullshit argument.

12. poindexter

I actually understood you the first time. I'll make clear then, that that is the most completely goddamned silly "argument" ever proposed on one of these dopey tv shows.

Draft saved Draft deleted