1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maurice Clarett Arrested -- Again.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D.Sanchez, Aug 9, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

He usually puts a period at the end, no matter the sentence, just to graciously inform us that he's finished. But I'm guessing he couldn't find the exclamation point on the keyboard if we spotted him the number.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I just heard the boys on Cold Pizza (i know, i know) suggest that if the NFL had let him play, none of this would have happened....that being in the NFL would have saved him from himself.

Putting aside the Cold Pizza reference.....true or absurd?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, he'd be in training camp now instead of driving around Columbus. So he'd have that going for him....

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

The timetable for his appearance on Real Sports is speeding up. At this rate, he'll be giving a jailhouse interview to Bryant Gumbel by fall 2007.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

The only difference would be that when he pulled this stupid shit he'd have a team of lawyers to get the charges downgraded and a PR machine to spin it so it didn't look quite so bad.

But no, he'd still be doing dumb shit, just like he did OSU.

Only now, we're reading about Clarett wearing a bullet proof vest and carrying four loaded weapons instead of reading about the lengths a famous football star like Clarett must go to in order to adequately protect himself and the shoddy treatment he received from the police.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

True.

If he was in the NFL, he'd have enough money for a proper entourage to do his dirty work.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"had let him play"? Let him play?

I missed something, was he prevented by league decree from playing NFL football? Or was it his 4.8 40, shitty attitude and overall crappy play that prevented him from playing in the NFL?

Was Tom Friend on Cold Pizza?

9. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Oh bullshit. What jock-sniffing enabler said that? Even after all the screw-ups, he fell into a great situation in Denver. He was drafted by a very good team with a solid organization and a great line...and he fucked it up.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Wait, somebody still watches Cold Pizza?

11. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

What amazes me is that this kid, who graduated from high school a semester early so that he could participate in spring ball at OSU and then met OSU's stringent entrance requirements, would run into the problems that he has.

Had he just been like most OSU students and accepted his role in life as either a laborer or pizza delivery man, everything would be fine now.

It is a shame.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

:D ;D ;D :D

Draft saved Draft deleted