1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maualaga 'apologizes' to Erin Andrews

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Zag, why do you have to do this? Here's a decent discussion on a specific topic, and a whole message board where you can start all kinds of threads on Bill Clinton and smoking bans. Why run this off the rails?

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I didn't say that Erin Andrews looked like a $5 whore -- but there is no doubt she is flirtatious in the way she goes about her business.

What I said is that we all have reporters in our own markets who do dress like $5 whores and do act like they'd like to bone everyone they interview -- we have at least two I can think of in our market and they are an embarassment.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That may be the ugliest dress I have ever seen.

4. zagoshe

Please me find anywhere on this thread where someone is "defending" Maualaga's act or "blaming" it on Andrews wardrobe....

Quit trying to make arguments against fictional arguments that haven't been made by anyone.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Even $5 whores wouldn't wear it.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm trying to remember when I last heard anything said by any part of a broadcasting crew that was groundbreaking or informative.

In my opinion, the best ones stay out of the way of the game.

7. Yeah, I've always said that (regarding smoking). Don't assume things. I'm independent minded, as our time on the political board should have taught you.

And Clinton's not a bad guy. Just makes some dumb decisions. Like all of us.

8. Sideline reporters were more valuable before HIPPA Mania. I was watching a late '80s game the other day for book research, and Sean Dockery kept cutting in with very detailed injury updates, etc., etc.

Their access has been stifled along with the rest of ours.

9. zagoshe

The smoking ban line was a little joke referencing some of the more intense discussions we have had on here. Jesus, lighten up.

As for Bill Clinton -- he is relevant to this discussion because he - the man who is the hero to many of the same posters on this thread -- completely changed what sexual harassment is and how it is defined -- and he did so for the worse and he did so with the blessing of many women and mostly because he was a liberal politician who supported abortion rights..........

So if you want to be mad at someone for sexual harassment being harder to define and prosecute, be mad at Bill Clinton......

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Zag,

That's from way out in left field, dude. Clinton hit on ugly chicks. Erin Andrews is attractive.

11. zagoshe

Actually there are 20 pictures and only one is zoomed in on her ass.

There is a second from behind but it isn't zoomed in on anything and you can see the back of the woman standing next to her wearing an ESPN vest as well.

Just sayin'

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

You can't put it much better than that, folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.