1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matt Taibbi's latest in The Rolling Stone

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Jul 29, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/21896154/without_a_prayer/print

Maybe he tries to channel Hunter S. Thompson a little bit too much, but holy crap this is a great line...

Say what you want but the argument that some Republicans vote strictly on social issues and not on their wallets is a solid one.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Well, that's not true. An overwhelming majority of very wealthy people vote Republican based solely on economic self preservation.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It can't be any worse than Wenner's Obama piece.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Liberal rag.

It's had more Obama covers than McCain covers. I rely on FoxNews.com for news without bias or agenda.

5. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

All of the people I know that vote Republican do so solely for economic reasons, and almost all are left leaning on every other issue. Of course I'm not friends with too many religious Christian folk.

And I thought Wenner did a good job fellating Obama. What do you expect when the publisher does an interview? I always like how any Q&A RS does has to make a half-hearted stab at talking about music. I wish Obama would've said, "Who's in my iPod? Who gives a fuck?"

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yep, I think that has a good deal of support. Thomas Frank basically makes that argument in "What's the matter with Kansas?"

Draft saved Draft deleted