1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matt Taibbi Takes on Tom Friedman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 20, 2009.

1. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I usually enjoy Taibbi's writing, but his imaginary interview with Dubya in the recent RS was a piece of shit and way over anybody's line

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agreed. They've had a few like that over the past year. I don't expect RS to be unbiased, but it was pretty ridiculous over the past year.

Wenner's interview with Obama made the imagined interview with W look like good journalism.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I disagree. His Great Derangement book was very sympathetic to the right.

4. Mizzougrad96

I think Taibbi is the writer who compared Giuliani to Hitler back when Giuliani was the presumed republican nominee for 2008.

5. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

In the midst of his hyperbole, however, he gave a far better, bullshit-free level of coverage to the campaign, primary through general, than many other outlets.

It's a crime that the campaign press corps has become so beholden to the candidates for everything from access to transportation to work space (famously set up in the fucking bathroom at one point this time around) - makes pro sports look reporter-friendly.

6. Mizzougrad96

He's a brilliant writer, there's no question about that.

7. He also looks looks like Chaka from Land of the Lost. There's no question about that either.

8. Dignan

Dignan Guest

You nailed that one.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I have a question: what are Matt Taibbi's credentials? Education? Past works? Someone tell me why I should listen to him?
    Honest. I want to know.

10. Mizzougrad96

He did write something called something like "52 hilarious things about the pope's upcoming death" I don't know if that's the exact title, but the title is about as offensive as it gets. It got several people fired from the place where he was working at the time.

This was just a few years ago too.

11. Google.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Taibbi

Draft saved Draft deleted