1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matt Taibbi is no better than Ann Coulter

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pringle, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, Rolling Stone is a total joke. You want to talk about sucking something? How about the celebrity profiles in every issue. The misogyny/bullshit/drug abuse is always turned to high in those profiles, and the writers just let their journalistic credibility get steamrolled.

Latest example? The South Park creators spouting total nonsense about Bush being punk rock and the writer actually saying that to dispute anything the guys say would be akin to the joke being on you. Under those circumstances, it makes total sense to write a story on assholes who neither take your questions or their answers seriously, then, right?

Those Rolling Stone feature would not <i> dare </i> take on a sacred cow at this point. And no, it wasn't like that even ten years ago. But it's like that now.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The Ron Jeremy Exception.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Taibbi made me laugh at that Franzen reference when he was in the Abu Gharib cell, but the funniest thing I've read in a long time is from Sedaris' "Dress Your Family in Courduroy and Denim" ...

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:KK9UwI_bmXMJ:teacher.scholastic.com/writeit/cavalcade/pdf/oct2004/nonfiction_sedaris_p6_to_p10.pdf+Sedaris+Halloween+chocolate&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us&ie=UTF-8

Start with the first new paragraph on Page 4 and stop with the "Look at yourself, just look at yourself" quote. I remember laughing really hard the first time I read it. I just think it's a riot when a kid is trying to shove as much chocolate into his mouth to keep the neighbors from having it, then having it fly out of his mouth when his mom tries to commandeer it.

Draft saved Draft deleted