1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matt Taibbi is no better than Ann Coulter

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pringle, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's not fair. Moore was just trying to talk Carter into building him a new house for free.

2. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Well played.

I should mention that this thread title is misleading: As far as I can tell, everyone is at least a tiny bit better than Ann Coulter.

3. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Moore is the reflexive conservative answer to Ann Coulter, but he's the wrong answer.

Bill Maher would be the correct answer.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Wrong. It gets repeated over and over because RS is a pathetic shell of its former self.

It isn\'t that the political coverage is unbalanced. The political coverage is fucking crazy. Every issue has a \"George Bush Eats Babies!\" story in it. I am far from being a Bush supporter, but Jesus, be rational.

Every issue is a big wet kiss to the latest Top 40 flavor of the month and a list of the parties Justin Timberlake has attended in the past two weeks.

Travers is fine; the music reviews are absurd. Every CD now gets 3 1/2 stars. Their coverage of the music industry almost invariably follows the company line. (Witness the tear-stained eulogies for Tower Records, the fabulous music store done in by the evil downloaders; oddly enough, it didn\'t seem to mention that Tower sold CDs for about $5 more than anyone else, leading to its demise.)

Yes, there are some good articles that sneak through. They are badly outnumbered.

5. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Is ESPN: The Magazine a fair comparison?

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As I understand it, the pre-Webby versions of this board (no registration required) were often cesspools of misogyny, where the sexual exploits of female journalists were speculated on, and such journalists were often called the C-word. I certainly wouldn't presume to speak for Webby on his rationale, but just saying. The C-word thing and mandating registration were the main divergences from old versions.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You clean up nice, SportsJournalists.com

8. dooley_womack1

If only I had an idea what that meant.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

"You clean up nice" is a compliment (maybe a back-handed compliment) that one would give to someone who, say, ditched jeans and a T-shirt for a suit in anticipation of a job interview.

I was referring to the previous, anonymous dirty misogynistic SportsJournalists.com as compared to the current, less dirty, less misogynistic, SportsJournalists.com.

10. dooley_womack1

A kinder, gentler board with a thousand points of light.

11. Style question: Is it cu.nt or c*nt?

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It\'s pussycat around these parts.

Draft saved Draft deleted