1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matt Millen on TV

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by chiefwiggum, Jan 5, 2009.

1. joe king

joe king Active Member

So what's your point?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I see Karl Rove, Rudy Giuliani, Bob Schrum, and others offering their commentary on TV, but Millen really should atone somewhat for what he has done to that franchise. I liked him as a player and commentator, but it just looked really bad. It reminded me of someone, can't think whom, but someone, someone.....
    [​IMG]

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090105/SPORTS0101/901050426

Millen will be on the Super Bowl broadcasting team.

Apparently Francis the Mule has other commitments.

4. DanOregon

Gene Chizek declined?

Really, I'm sure Jeff Zucker thinks this makes perfect sense for NBC.

5. NDub

NDub Guest

That is one of the coolest things I've ever read. Thank you, thank you.

How NBC has the balls to trot this moronic piece of ratshit into their studio for analysis is beyond my comprehension. How does he have any credibility? He drove that franchise into the ground. No, wait, he fucking buried it. Eat shit Matt Millen. I hope you never work anywhere ever again. And fuck you, too, William Clay Ford Sr. you crusty, decrepit motherfucker.

/disgruntled Lions fan

6. DanOregon

Now I'm not bashing Bush, the same could be said of Bill Clinton, but at some point doesn't accountability have to come into play? Clinton at least was impeached by Congress and lost his law license. But now we're seeing more and more people fail upward. Screw up a war?, here's a medal. Drive your network's ratings down, from first to worst?, here's a promotion, and another, and another, and another. Fail to win a conference game?, here, we'll double your pay if you bolt that gig and coach our football team. I'd say this was somewhat particular to white males, but I'll say the same thing about Isaiah Thomas. I can't believe the stuff that guy pulled either.
    It bothers me.

7. Starman

SHOCKING news: Millen doesn't show up for Super Bowl media day.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090128/SPORTS11/901280383/1217/sports/WHERE+S+MILLEN

CHICKENSHIT.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Rove has megatons of atoning to do.

Schrum? 0-for-life.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He's nothing if not consistent...

10. Starman

Oh, my: Kornheiser and Wilbon take frightful offense on PTI over the "vicious" treatment of Millen by the Detroit NBC affiliate:

http://www.freep.com/article/20090204/SPORTS01/90204087/1048/SPORTS/PTI+s+Kornheiser++Wilbon+not+amused+by+Channel+4+s+Matt+Millen+crawl

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The scroll.

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

But wait. This is a valid question to be asked about Millen. Would you want to have someone who has gone bankrupt twice to be your financial adviser?

Draft saved Draft deleted