1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matt Millen: He's BAAAAAAACK (or maybe never left) !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://communities.canada.com/windsorstar/blogs/duffersdabbles/archive/2008/12/08/is-millen-still-calling-the-shots-for-the-lions.aspx

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Vikings fans are happy Millen's still tinkering with the Lions after yesterday's victory.

3. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

The Fords can't pay anyone else to do this work until the bailout checks start flowing from D.C.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Beat me to this, Starman.

I also saw one of the local writers posing a possibility that the Lions would keep Mayhew as GM and not fire Marinelli, even if he goes 0-16.

Edit to include link:
    It was mentioned in a chat transcript that one of the beat writers, Tom Kowalski, had last week.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/12/lunch_with_killer_vikings_at_l.html

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Why stop at 0-16 when you can hit 0-32?

6. Starman

Every single person in the entire organization, from the GM to the towel boy, must be terminated, along with every single last player they can possibly release under minimum salary-cap restrictions.

They need to flatten the franchise like no other pro sports franchise has ever been flattened before.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If Marinelli keeps his job, 8 games will be blacked out. They fundamentally the second-worst team I have ever seen play 2002 Lions, still worse.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Detroit needs a bailout!!

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Oh I agree, they need a 100 percent fresh start (well, ok, Jason Hanson can stay since he has made 25 percent of the Lions' big plays this).

But would it surprise you at all if the WCF didn't make changes?

10. Starman

If the current coaching staff comes back, they won't draw 25,000 a game next season (including sellouts when the Bears and Packers visit, meaning the rest of the games will be drawing 10-15,000).

No, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

11. NDub

NDub Guest

My father apologizes every Sunday for raising me as a Lions fan.

I refuse to ever give the Ford's a dollar of my own money until that old fucker croaks. I will never buy a ticket, a t-shirt, a Ford vehicle or anything Lions- or Ford-related ever again. I hope every day that WCF Sr. doesn't cling to life like Al Davis has the past 10 years.

A tad cruel? Yes. Probably over-the-top because it's only sport? Uh huh. But I don't care anymore. I'm so fucking frustrated by this franchise.

There are two players on that team that should be on the 2009 roster - Calvin Johnson and Jason Hanson. Every one else needs to fucking go. This team, this coaching staff, this front office, this ownership need to disappear.

And if these Millen rumors are true, I hope Roger Goodell comes down hard on the franchise - like forcibly removes him from the position and threatens further action if shit isn't fixed.

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Well, it seems as though the Lions will get the first pick in the draft in 2009. Maybe the Lions will decide to take another WR. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted