1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mats Sundin....HHOF?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Dec 7, 2011.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Now the puckheads can join in the HOF silliness.

Next year's a pretty big year--Joe Sakic and Brendan Shanahan are slam dunks.

What about Mats Sundin?
    564 goals, 1349 points.

And most of those were with the Leafs where he had no one to play with. Jonas Hoglund does not count

Big Mats fan here but I'd say no.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Of course he is, he played the best part of his career in the centre of the hockey universe.

I think he belongs, he was a great hockey player outside of his 1 year in Vancouver where he was Fats Sundin. He was also very good internationally.

The hockey hall of fame is a secretive joke. there is absolutely no transparency, none. It's as political as they come.

3. derwood

derwood Active Member

Yes. Much better than Federko.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Federko should never be the standard for anybody.

5. derwood

derwood Active Member

Bernie is in the Hall of Fame.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Thanks, I didn't know that. ::)

Federko shouldn't be anywhere close to the HOF. But this is a HOF that has the like of Dick Duff in it. The HOF is a joke.

7. derwood

derwood Active Member

Federko's induction really burns my ass. Blues deserve to have a hall-of-famer logic was and always will be faulty.

8. Igor in CT

Igor in CT Member

...absolutely.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Mats Sundin was pretty damn good. I don't have a problem with HOF for him.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Didn't realize this would be much of an issue. He was one of the games best players for almost a decade, plus he gets the Maple Leaf bump, Even if he did end Francois Dupuy's career.

Also when he does get then nod, I recommend the thread be called "Hey Mats, the Hall's calling you"

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

One of the games best players is a stretch but I would have no problem with him as a HOFer.

This is a HOF that leaves Bure out. You know the guy who happened to score 60 goals 3 times through the dead puck era.

Dick Duff, enough said.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Guy scored 70 points or more in every complete season of his career. And he's 20th all-time in goals. And he's 25th all-time in points. And he was the first European-born and -trained player to be drafted first overall. And he was one of two players to score 20 goals in his first 16 seasons. And he racked up penalty minutes, making him a fantasy stud. And he was captain of the Maple Leafs for 11 years. And he led Sweden to three world championships and one Olympics gold.

There is no way he doesn't make it. These threads are tiresome. Read a guy's Wikipedia page before you post one. Sundin's makes it pretty clear he'll have no issue getting in quickly.

Draft saved Draft deleted