1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mater-Dei vs. Carson High School Football

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Evansville Mater Dei would smoke them all.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Yeah, it was the Sunday, ESPN game.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Actually, it's the Sunkist League that Kaiser plays in. Kaiser has one league loss since 2001 (34-1).

The Steelers haven't been the same since the postgame playoff brawl with Loyola in 1999. Fontana now has four high schools with a fifth on the books. Redlands about to get its third. Rialto has three high schools. Once the one-high school towns started building more, it was just a matter of time until the powerhouses in the CBL started going away.

It's going to be strange without Dick Bruich coaching next season. He was just named AD at Kaiser, and the school is opening an on-campus stadium Friday, so for the first time in more than 30 years, Bruich will have a home game not at Steeler Stadium.

I'm sure they'll be in the playoffs and I'll get to the quarterfinal game Thanksgiving weekend when I'm out there. I've known the family for 30-some years, and they're all great.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It anyone's interested, Tampa Plant vs. Seffner Armwood tomorrow should be a fascinating game.

Plant's QB is headed to Georgia next year, and Armwood's defense has quite a few excellent prospects.

There's also a bit of a rivalry developing between the two teams, so it could be very intense.

5. In wrestling.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not in basketball.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I think they start it from the 10-yard line tho.

That's the way they do it here.

8. MileHigh

Same as in college except they start at the 10.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Texas follows NCAA rules, hence the 25. But in Oklahoma it's the 10.

10. billikens

billikens Member

Agreed. I'm freelancing a game on Friday but I thought about declining it, just so I could go to the Hutch-Rockhurst game. My little brother is a student at Rockhurst and I'm afraid he's going to get to run his mouth for another week, because this game could get ugly. Rockhurst looked mighty good on Sunday.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm just impressed the Salt Hawks are willing to risk a loss to Rockhurst with a 36-game winning streak. They could have played it safe and scheduled a lesser opponent to keep the streak going.

12. MileHigh

In SoCal, the Southern Section (the bigger section) starts on the 25-yard line. The City Section uses the 10. The national federation leaves it up to the states but recommends starting at the 10.

Draft saved Draft deleted