1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matching SI & ESPN Covers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 21, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Good grief, the photos were probably shot minutes apart on media day.

Everyone's acting like the Mayan calendar just hit zero.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Let me just say that the overwhelming amount of green on the SI cover makes me want to puke. That is all.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's a lot of green. But as someone said earlier, the oft-repeated white background of ESPN looks stale by comparison.

4. I like you sportschick.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I generally don't read ESPN, so I preferred that one. Course if they use it all the time, I can see how regular readers wouldn't like it.

I did really like the tallest to shortest thing on the SI cover.

6. When I picked up SI from the mailbox, I thought it was quite catching. You don't see green from them like that. They really went with it, whereas ESPN kinda kept it simple.

The best design item in the SI issue was the Players-by-height illustration. Man that is awesome.

7. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

I'm guessing everyone at USA Today is feeling mightily embarrassed this morning, then ... the same photo (or a variation thereof) is on the cover of their NBA preview section.

8. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

The best part of that (if I recall correctly) is Rolling Stone's cover that week feature Patricia Hearst.

Draft saved Draft deleted