1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masters: You're NOT with us, leather

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Thank God... The people at the Masters don't like women, minorities or Berman...

I'll disagree on the first two, but I'll agree with them on this one...

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'd love to hear his off-air comments on this one

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

This could make the YouTube clip look like a Disney moment.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Bikini-wax THIS.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

At least with The Masters, you know where they stand with Hillary and Obama, but I'm glad they added Berman to the "we shall not discuss this matter" list.

You can't blame Hootie for this one. He ain't running Augusta anymore. Now, if they would let Gary McCord back in...

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Glad to see Hootie's Nazis have struck again.
    Doesn't anyone have a problem with this? ESPN forked over mucho bucks into the pockets of the KKK running the place, yet they and CBS knuckle under each time the Augusta Thought Police deem you Jewish and send your career to the gas chamber. This tournament is being run by a guy that thinks the only use for a black woman is to serve his meals, yet the broadcasters go along and perpetuate the myth they are golfing in St. Patrick's. And you can bet that the Augusta Crackers shit themselves each time they have to give a green jacket to an African-American.
    Dear Hootie...die, you racist, sexist, thought-controlling fuck.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you saying you don't like the Masters' people?

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

What you said may have been true decades ago. The last few years have been far from that, and it's obvious you've never been on the grounds.
    Consider this:
    1. Hootie Johnson actively supported Bill Clinton in each of his presidential runs.
    2. Current chairman Billy Payne bent over backwards to make sure minorities were included among the Atlanta Olympic Committee, and black business would have a piece of the pie those weeks.
    3. No, they haven't invited a woman. But the wives and daughters of members are always welcome. Hootie Johnson used to have the South Carolina women's team play there once a year.
    4. Get your head our of your ass and get informed. Augusta is not a bastion of inclusion and diversity. But neither is it an Augusta branch of the KKK.
    5. And they must have some sense if they're not letting assclown Berman anywhere near the joint.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks the Mushnick article was short on facts and long on speculation?

Nobody has any idea what actually happened.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ehh, who cares? They're a private club and have proven time and again they'll do what they damn well please. The guy's insufferable during the first and second round of the U.S. Open and has the vibrato of a drunken uncle. The guy's entire persona doesn't fit the easy goingness of the green dye in the streams, Magnolia Lane and all of the other stereotypical crap they prop up.

11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Second that.

12. EE94

EE94 Guest

doesn't mean Mushnik was wrong. Ask Gary McCord

Draft saved Draft deleted