1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masters tickets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

The Washington Road deal works this way. Get there around noon to catch people who went in when the gates opened at 8 a.m. and are exhausted. Sometimes they'll give you their practice round tickets (which have in and out rights). Sometimes you'll have to pay. And don't be bashful. You can get all the way to the exit area on the grounds (beyond the first merchandise shack), a good 100 yards from the street. Monday and Tuesday are much lighter days. Wednesday's a madhouse; people tend to stay for the par-3 contest in the afternoon.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

My landlord got a ticket to round 3 last year. I think he went Stub Hub for it. Not sure exactly what he paid, but it was a lot and he said it was worth every cent.

3. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

I'd skip monday unless that's all you can get. Tuesday's the best day for practice rounds.

4. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

TUESDAY PRACTICE ROUND:
    http://www.upickaseat.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=815659&event=Masters+Golf+Tournament+-+Tuesday+Practice+Round

WEDNESDAY PRACTICE ROUND:
    http://www.upickaseat.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=820825&event=Masters+Golf+Tournament+-+Wednesday+Practice+Round

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Illumniating/educational . . . thanks.

Good Derby seats go for a pittance, compared to this.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

This is what I would do if getting to Augusta was a fairly easy thing to do. If your buddies are 500 miles away, I'm not sure that would be the wise move, but if it were only a matter of a car ride of two hours or less, that would be my game plan. There are plenty of tickets to be had along Washington Road. And as has been suggested, hold out for a good deal, especially since it's only a practice round.

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

lie about covering it like the president (and his son) of the group of rags i used to work for.

Draft saved Draft deleted