1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masters Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Apr 6, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Ben Curtis is even-par through three holes. Start writing it.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

A foreign player will win the Masters.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

That's a good call, TG. Choi is going to win a major sooner rather than later.

I was in Vegas during the '96 U.S. Open at Oakland Hills. Put $20 down on Tom Lehman at 18-1, which had me counting my $360 until he three-jacked the 71st hole.

Mickelson is an intriguing, yet currently dicey, pick. He's certainly capable of winning anything he plays in, but winning on a course where putting is a premium when you're currently 132nd on tour in three-putt avoidance and 112th or so in putting is a pretty big matzah ball to bite off.

That said, Philly Mick's game is so schizoid (witness missing the cut at Pebble, then winning at Riviera in February) that it's certainly possible none of this means anything.

And count me in any Masters pools organized.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

F. Couples; +3 (7)

The cut streak ends this year.

On a different note, how would you feel being paired with Gary Player or Fuzzy?

Yeah, they're great guys, and some of the best players in history, but wouldn't it kinda suck being paired with these guys that shoot 86?

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Luke Donald looks awful tough now. -3 thru 6. Heath Slocum about to be the leader in the clubhouse with a 69 or 70.

Eldrick T. Woods ... four pars to start.

6. Not if you're drinking beer.

Playing to win? Yeah, that would suck.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

If I hear or read one more thing about Gary Player being in such great shape at 72 and being able to walk Augusta when other 72-year-old are dead and blah, blah, fucking blah, I'm going to get in my car, drive to Georgia and punch that pompous fuck in the throat. I hate that guy.

8. Screw Player. He had nothing on Sam Snead's 72-year-old ass.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Tiger is about to play Amen Corner in the next few minutes if you want to watch in on the ESPN.com, they have live coverage of it.

How about O'Meara? 51 years old and he shoots 71.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm sure TW isn't going to complain about 11 straight pars, but he should have dropped the birdie putt on 11.

11. butch

butch Member

And young Charlie "Three-Sticks" Howell continues to shine in his hometown tournament. Nice 78 Chuck (that's just an avalanche of strokes)

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Zach Johnson is just kicking ass right now. Good roll there.

Draft saved Draft deleted