1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MASTERS running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Mar 31, 2007.

1. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

When I covered the Masters--it was a while back--the first year I spent one night in a house rented by a bunch of Japanese reporters and cameramen. That was a beer-drinking crew, and some of you must remember Tsuniyuki Nakajima's visit with disaster at the 13th. They were all celebrating; the only person they hated worse than Nakajima was Nakajima's old man. I'm still in awe of the way those guys could guzzle.

Does anyone recall Iwata-san, the guy who covered the Masters and the British open? He was a yachtsman when he wasn't covering golf. Sweet guy; I wonder if he's still around.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

DD, you mean Patrons?

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Don't know where you're eating. You must be Billy Payne's favorite cousin. I've covered 12 of them and the only food in the media center are the same sandwiches the fans can buy on the course, plus hot dogs. Krispy Kreme in the morning.
    No media gifts. None. They send you a slim, souvenir yearbook type thing sometime during the summer recapping the week. As one hack I know told me, pointing at my press badge: "That's your media gift."

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

What? No grilled cheese sandwiches? No mac & cheese or potato salad?

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Guess we know from where Phil's C-cups have come.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

(bump)

I love the par-3 days. Great photos and it was a goddang gorgeous day out there today from what I hear

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

So, Mark O'Meara won't win another green jacket after his Par-3 win.

Who do you think will win? Who has the best shot outside of Tiger and Phil?

8. John

John Well-Known Member

Phil at +3 through 5. Ernie and Ogilvy at +4 through 6. Nobody better than -1.

9. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I guess right now that fairway looks like one big salad because he's avoiding it at all costs.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Tough scoring. Phil up to +4 through six. Els +5 through seven.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I see Justin Rose is having his round for the year. Notice him while you can...

12. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Tom Watson having a nice day at E though 13.

Draft saved Draft deleted