1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masters headlines

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bullwinkle, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Oh my God Kenny killed himself...bastard

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Denver Post: Round of applause

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I guess all those people who were talking about it in the bar when I got off work last night, and the people who sent me e-mails about it, must have heard about it through the grapevine. :)

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hello.

5. jps

jps Active Member

thief.

6. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

"Angel of sudden death" is one I heard. Thought it was funny.

7. T&C

T&C Member

Our tabloid ran a large color photo of Cabrera with a head Easter Angel on its front page. The small head directing the reader to sports read "Argentine Cabrera's the master after wild three-man playoff." The sports head in the major daily was "Angel finds Masters heaven" which I liked.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

"Local man wins golf tournament" -- La Voz del Interior

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

honest, sf, i have to wonder if any golfing event actually is "big" even if it is the masters. the media blows this stuff out and tells people it should be important, so some actually believe it is.

aside from this board, though, not a single person in my life mentioned the masters, and nothing, absolutely nothing is more boring than golf on TV. that, of course, is just MHO.

10. jps

jps Active Member

didn't watch, wasn't on sunday and didn't even know who won until today. just didn't care.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Money.

12. RustyHampton

RustyHampton Member

If you play golf, if you know the game and how difficult it is to play, it's far from boring -- on TV or in person. different strokes for different folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.