1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Massive protests in Iraq today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

on the anniversary of the overthrow?

Isn't this the same Iraq where mass assemblies are too dangerous to create thanks to the mess our Bush-led military has supposedly created?

Where's the suicide bomb sideshows?

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

FenPhen must be doing research and Zeke must be waiting on him for instructions as to what to say.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Those are scheduled for after lunch, right now all the bombers are marching in the parade.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Better hurry since it is about 9:48 p.m. in Baghdad now.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken the Shiites who are demonstrating are ripping up American flags and calling for the occupiers to get the fuck out of Iraq. Meanwhile, al-Sadr is calling for more attacks.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

But the STREETS, according to liberal journalists, are too dangerous to assemble!

My thinking: the government in charge ought to drop a few well-placed missles in the middle of these protests and - presto - you've taken out those suicide bombers who were waiting until "after lunch" to do their thang. One thing about that Commie has-been and would-be again Putin, he cracks down on this shit in his own country. In a country that is democracy-challenged, like Iraq, you have to come up with measures.

But changing the subject:

Had I had it over to do again, knowing what's happened, I'd found a way for the kurds to get their justified freedom and then for all these bastards who hate us down south, I'd kept Saddam in power. A few well-placed dollars would have had him back on our side, as he was when that goat look a like Khomieni took power in Iran.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I thought they were upset about Imus and his pending trip to Iraq.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Glad you're coming around to see that Iraq war was a useless endeavor.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well, you live and learn and you have to deal with the mess. Cutting and running, while FenPhen swears by it, isn't the way to do it.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That's not a protest, that a belated Thanks for Liberating Iraq Party[/cheney]

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Furthermore, they havent' sent us running yet. We have enough firepower right there that if they piss us off enough, we can turn the whole country not in the hands of Kurds into rubble tomorrow. The only place this war is being lost is in D.C. Talk to any Vietnam war vet and they say "give us an objective and we'll win any war." Fighting on Capitol Hill fucked Vietnam up just like it is this war.

Draft saved Draft deleted