1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Massacre? What massacre? Klan? Klan who?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Birdscribe, Feb 10, 2011.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Michael Vick can be Come-Back Player of the Year can Nathan Bedford Forrest be Come-Back General of the Year?

He apologized, said he was wrong, said the Klan was good in the beginning but went to far. He served his time and is dead. Isn't it time to get over the past? Wasn't his play in his last few seasons of life a story of redemption?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you are known more for being a Klan leader than your accomplishments in the Civil War, I don't think you are much of a military genius.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

As a relocated northerner, will I be able to get the William Tecumseh Sherman plate for GA?

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Actually, he was very respected and feared by the Union during the war. His wartime accomplishments stand on their own merit.

5. heyabbott

Forrest once summed up his military theory as "Get there first with the most men."

Which later became known as the Powell Doctrine, after former General and Chief of Staff, Colin Powell.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They have Mississippi tags for LSU, Auburn and Memphis, too. And I'm pretty sure Mississippi isn't the only state with the NASCAR plates.
    Seems ridiculous, but if people are willing to plunk down $51 for them then I say have at it.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have my pet Civil War generals, and he's not one of them.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

He's no Ambrose Burnside!!!!

[​IMG]

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's one!

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Grant really liked that "most men" part.

11. heyabbott

Maryland has Penn State tags.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Some of those plates might as well say "Don't write me a ticket" retired Law enforcement, retired deputy, trooper, Retired Senator (considering the state has only one living retired US Senator).

Draft saved Draft deleted