1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Massacre? What massacre? Klan? Klan who?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Birdscribe, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

From the bad idea/we-don't-get-it-and-we-never-will department.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110210/ap_on_re_us/us_confederate_license_plates

I wonder if it's reserved for only the white cars.

2. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Over/under on a Robert Byrd reference?

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Now, when I was a baby, Momma named me after the great Civil War hero, General Nathan Bedford Forrest. She said we was related to him in some way. And what he did was, he started up this club called the Ku Klux Klan. They'd all dress up in their robes and their bedsheets and act like a bunch of ghosts or spooks or something. They'd even put bedsheets on their horses and ride around. And anyway, that's how I got my name, Forrest Gump. Momma said that the Forrest part was to remind me that sometimes we all do things that, well, just don't make no sense.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

"Coons? Mama just chases them off the porch with a broom."

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Apparently it's 2

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I say this as a Mississippian, but the Confederate battle flag is in our state flag. This should surprise no one.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

How is it that the states that provide us so much American flag-waving on one hand continue their traitorous embrace of the Confederacy on the other? Is the historical version of hating gays while getting sucked off by a rent boy?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Are any Yankee states doing the same thing? Or have they moved on? I think of state license plates the same way I think about sports uniforms. Two if fine, three is okay, but if you have more options than that it is just ridiculous. Back in the day people paid $1 or $2 and put a bumper sticker on their car. Now people write a check to the state for $80 to do the same thing. Maybe if states and the federal government allowed people to "personalize" their tax forms (your favorite historical figure/reality star/animal/state park/political cause) people wouldn't bitch so much.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I think it's quaint.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Love the Alabama tag for a Mississippi plate... Tennessee does out-of-state colleges too...

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

So does Virginia. You can get a Florida State tag for your Virginia plates. They also have an Internet one, I guess owing to the tech companies in NOVA:

[​IMG]

I haven't looked at the banned plates list, but people could have some fun with the .com being on the right. If it was cheaper, I would have gotten BANGBUS as my plate in college. (That website is extremely NSFW, by the way.)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted