1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Massachusetts driving while using cell phone ban debated

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jan 20, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

As one of the new breed of conservatives, I am unconcerned about matters such as the Executive Branch assuming unconstitutional powers or government operatives violating human rights. But I object to any authoritarian rules that prohibit me from fulfilling every whim I have, even those whims that put others at risk. Me, me, me. That's how I roll. Me, me, me. I only invoke old-fashioned notions of liberty when the liberty in question is mine.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

:D

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

BTW... what was Cowher smoking saying Rivers should be yanked?

BTW, what was I smoking when i posted about Bill Cowher on this thread?

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Wrong thread? :D

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Well it works for me, but I think if they are found to have caused an accident because they were chatting or texting they get stiffer penalties - either through insurance rates or traffic violations.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You are supposed to click onto the color palette, and pick the one that is eight down.

Or that is a post filled with arrogance and utterly bereft of self-awareness.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

On Howie Carr's show, the argument against it was that police already have 1,000 reasons to pull people over. They don't need 1,0001.
    Also, there are salesmen who don't have office phones who need to be able to talk on the phone in their cars.
    Fuck Howie Carr. Fuck salesmen.

8. Smallpotatoes

Me saying fuck Howie Carr or Howie Carr's arguments?

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Well, if I see you doing that bullshit, I'll be making a double lane change pronto. Triple, if applicable.

I see this crapola every day.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

When was the car invented? When was the cell phone invented? Thank you.

Here's who neeeeeeeds to communicate while driving:

Police
    Military
    Ambulance workers
    maaaaybe truck drivers

11. Smallpotatoes

Does anyone else find Carr's "Fuck the police" attitude a little odd for a conservative?

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm sure Zag will be by shortly to scream that it's an infringement of his constitutional rights.

If I'm not mistaken, hasn't New York already passed legislation banning the use of cell phoned while driving?

Draft saved Draft deleted