1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass shootings in New Zealand mosques

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Mar 14, 2019.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No one at the church would turn the other cheek.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Saying more guns, instruments made to kill, are the solution is not anti-violence.

Calling you out on your stupidity is not hate. You really should try harder to understand words before you use them.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Franklin Graham!?! Good grief.

4. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

What?!?

Sorry I thought I was having a conversation with a Christian. You've built a God in your own image. That's insane to claim biblical justification for abortion. The Bible talks about God forming us in the womb, about knowing is before we are born, being wonderfully made.

Are you God? You get to decide what human life is worthy?

Good luck explaining that to God when you die.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If you had actually read the verse you are referring to (Jeremiah 1:5), you'd know that God said that he knew us *before* He formed us in the womb. So if you want to take that as some sort of literal identification for when God considers life to start, then you can't say conception because the verse doesn't say that. It says before conception. You never read that verse, you just quoted what you heard it said in the pamphlets with fake pictures of aborted fetuses.

There are at least a dozen Bible verses clearly stating life begins with breath. I'm doubting you've read any of them.

God also had a chance to put a terminated pregnancy in the same category as murder in the Levitical laws, and he chose explictly to group it with property crimes. I'm sure you have no answer for this.

Numbers 5 gives pretty explicit instructions on priests performing abortions on women suspected of adultery.

What you think is Christianity left Christ and the Bible behind three centuries ago for a racist, patriarchal cult.

Slacker and Baron Scicluna like this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If God thinks babies are so worthy and wonderfully made, then why does he kill so many babies in the Bible?

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Jesus was anti-moralist. (And, for that matter, anti-amoralist.) He offends overzealous political conservatives and liberals alike.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I read my Bible every day. You're not following Christ. You're in some cult that believes in sacrificing children. Saying that a baby in the womb is not a person is not Scriptural. Nobody who has been a Christian for more than a month would believe that.

Of course I know the passages. Your reasoning doesn't make sense. Whatever cult you're in, you should get out. Think about what you're saying. A baby is not a human until the instant he breathes. That's an insane thing to say.

That's completely outside the character of God.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

One of the people arrrsted was a “good guy with a gun.”

I’m sure he didn’t slow down the professionals in any way.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

No thanks.

Instead, St. Anselm's button.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

See, Rainman knows it’s completely fucked up that a person like this can legally arm himself to kill as many people as possible.

But instead of understanding that he will need to give up the kill power of some of his kill toys to prevent this slaughter from happening again, which most people understand, he moves the goalposts and starts talking about abortion.

Draft saved Draft deleted