1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass shootings in New Zealand mosques

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I am almost 100% sure this guy would have never made it into the front door of the church I attend. I am 100% sure if he did he wouldn't make it out alive. Not when 1 in 4 church members have a gun on them.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I don’t blame you for not remembering because 1) you are quite stupid and 2) the gun culture you love is producing so many of these massacres that no one can remember them all, but there have been multiple mass shootings at churches full of gun-toting folk.

Your guns are not a magic bullet shield.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You have armed guards stationed at the front door? Are they wearing body armor? Does the pastor have kevlar vestments and an AR behind the pulpit? Have they been trained to deal with incoming fire from a semi-auto? How often do they train in combat shooting situations?

Also, too, that doesn't answer a damned thing about your knowledge of gun laws in New Zealand and/or the particulars of these mosques.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Our Fearless Leader tweet about this yet?

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Anyone who has ever shot a gun knows your accuracy with a handgun in a situation like that would be shit at best.

You would probably hit more people in the back than the actual shooter, who would much more accurately place 3-4 in your chest before you even steadied your hand.

OscarMadison and Smallpotatoes like this.
  6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

With an automatic weapon, I'd say he gets in. And a lot of those types are willing to not make it out alive.

7. Rainman

Thanks. I lol'd after YOU called me stupid. And then I quit reading.

8. Rainman

If the world acted more like Jesus we wouldn't have these problems.

9. RickStain

Good way to remain stupid.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You are repulsive. Seriously.

You are also kidding yourself. It is not 100 percent certain. It is also far from certain that some "good guy with a gun" in your church wouldn't just add to the death toll by hitting innocent people while trying to gun down the shooter.

11. RickStain

Throw the money changers out of your temple

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How many Christians do you know who actually act like Jesus?

Now reconsider your first answer and come back with an honest one, if you are even capable of such a thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted