1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass shooting on campus in Oregon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Oct 1, 2015.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Obama politicizing right now. Fails, of course, to note the crime happened in a gun-free zone.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think many people are to the point that the outrage at the repetition outweighs the grief. When there was *one* attempt at a shoe bomb on a plane everyone getting on one was having their shoes searched to prevent another attempt. I guess we need a National Shoebomb Association to protect our freedoms.

I'm a Southern boy. I grew up hunting. I owned two guns of my own at fifteen. My father was a Major in the Army infantry. This being allowed to continue is bullshit.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

One of these days one of these unhinged motherfuckers is gonna' barge into NRA headquarters and start shooting. That's when the real fun's gonna' start. Don't believe me? Yeah, bet you never thought they'd start shooting in churches either.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

No shit. Seriously?

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah. If only all these kids were armed. That's the goal.

6. old_tony

In what fantasy world would the shooter have said "This is against the law? Shucks, then I guess I can't do this."

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Careful. I brought that up, and was accused of rooting for it.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Your side doesn't give a fuck. Why should we? I'm relieved it wasn't me, in a way. Still might be eventually.

9. old_tony

And when a guy armed to kill 100 people is brought down before he can get to the second or third victim, what will your reaction then be?

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They must in EVERY OTHER FUCKING COUNTRY, huh?

SnarkShark likes this.
  11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

When is this actually going to happen? Oh, yeah, when there are no more gun-free zones. That'll fix it.

12. old_tony

Draft saved Draft deleted