1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass Murder by Shooting Spree Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Happening with such regularity.

Here's one that just happened in Las Vegas, at a Walmart. Several dead. Assault rifles.

http://rt.com/usa/164636-las-vegas-shooting-walmart/

Edit: 2 cops inside Walmart killed at point-blank range.

2. Songbird

And that was AFTER the murder spree down the street at a pizza joint.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Maybe this thread will also get locked.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I blame the gun nuts.

5. I hope this thread solves the problem of shooting sprees.

6. Songbird

Things will start to change only when Steve Coburn starts shooting his mouth about the problem.

"If you've got a shooter that earns points per kill, that shoots to kill in Walmart, he should be shooting to kill in Target and Kmart too! Only shooting up Walmart is the coward's way out!"

7. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

Screaming "this is a revolution!" as they opened fire.

I think the guys with the wrapped heads in the Middle East know how to do this pretty good.

Or people with mental health records in America.

Either of which will find guns.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What makes this shooting more disturbing is that there were two shooters, not a lone nut.

9. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Boy, what rotten luck for these guys.

So there you are. You're completely insane. You want to go out in a blaze of gunfire. But you also want to get the maximum amount of publicity for whatever completely insane "cause" that you've cooked up in your head. But just as what's left of your brains starts to cool on some Las Vegas sidewalk, a bunch of jerk-off terrorists... or whatever... storm the airport in Karachi, firing guns, setting off explosions, and totally screwing up your chances of dominating the news cycle!

If you hadn't begun to suffer the torments of the damned in whatever hell there exists, you'd really have to question whether there was a just God or what.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

How awful would it be to die in a freaking Wal*Mart.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Anti-cop sentiment seems to be very popular these days.
    I see a lot of stuff on Facebook from people sharing stories about the police shooting people's dogs, roughing up the disabled and the elderly, complaining that the police have military vehicles and weapons they shouldn't have, etc.
    I doubt many of these stories are true or that they tell the whole story.
    There was also that idiot defending the shooter in Moncton, saying that people have a right to defend themselves against the police.
    Like hell they do.
    I thought conservatives were supposed to be all about law and order, but maybe not.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

More dead sons trumped by the Second Amendment.

Draft saved Draft deleted