1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Mass casualty situation" at air race crash in Reno

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Looks like they're focusing on the stabilizer, but one pilot is still looking at the pilot:
    Of course, that might have come from pulling a high-G turn, as folks reported the aircraft pitched violently upward before falling into its nosedive.

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

It's funny how often personal freedoms get in the way of civilized society

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

The elevator trim tab came off, as photos are showing, causing the aircraft to ascend rapidly. Such a rapid ascent likely caused him to pass out and slump over, which explains why you can't see him in the cockpit.

4. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Ah, yes. So that's where your expertise on this topic comes from.

5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

no, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

FTW. :)

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The planes/jets are fascinating.

I am psyched this year because in a couple of weeks the Blue Angels come to the City by the Bay during our Fleet Week (jets buzzing through the high rises and over the City is a beautiful site (during peacetime)).

My neighbor has come through with "inside the ropes" tickets for the family where we get to meet and greet the pilots and see the F-16s takeoff from the hangar to the runway. I only hope it turns out better than the Reno show.

Draft saved Draft deleted