1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mashed eggplant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by king cranium maximus IV, Jul 31, 2009.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yes, this. Grill the eggplant in planks, then top with the spinach and chicken. That sounds damn tasty.

I've been doing green and yellow squash planks on the grill, and it's fantastic. Brush with a little garlic butter, some salt and pepper, make some nice diagonal grill marks across. Easy, looks fancy and totally delicious.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Dips you can easily (and quickly) make at home and for which there is no good reason to buy: babaghanoush,hummus and tzatziki

In every case, the more garlic the better.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That would be the title of my cookbook. With few exceptions, all recipes would be better with garlic, and no recipes that include garlic wouldn't be better with more garlic.

4. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

And if you ever have a Sicilian one, you'll never go back. They're squatty and purple and white. They kind of look like a psychedelic pumpkin. This old Italian guy at Eastern Market turned me onto them a few years ago and if I see them in the stores or anywhere, I buy one.

Draft saved Draft deleted