1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maryland to Big Ten

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by young-gun11, Nov 19, 2012.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I can't believe they are going to mess with all that tradition, and actually move Illinois from the Leaders to the Legends division.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Tradition's dead in college football. This is the NFL with slave labor.

3. poindexter

That was blue font territory, dude.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

On some level it gets kind of sad. Nobody in the SEC gives a fuck about Missouri football. A&M has fared better, but when I turn on the TV and see Florida playing A&M there is that split second of "Wait, how in the fuck did this happen?"

It's kind of the same thing when you turn on the TV and Nebraska is playing Wisconsin.

Some of the moves seemed to make sense. Colorado and Utah seem to be decent fits in the PAC-12, even if the football teams have been pretty awful. TCU in the Big 12 makes sense. West Virginia in the Big 12 does not.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

When I have people on this thread telling me a truck driving school's football program automatically becomes legitimate by joining the Fat 10 it's tough to tell.

6. poindexter

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

There you go with the exaggeration again--murderer, extortion, dumpster fire--you do like the hyperbolic word choice.

Purdue's program is by no means a "dumpster fire." They've been to bowls 11 out of the last 15 years (winning about half), including a Rose Bowl, draw good crowds, attract solid talent, etc. You can fairly categorize their program as mediocre, and even subpar the last three years, but not dumpster fire.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

I said "manslaugterer." Twice. You clearly are a journalist, probably for a Ruppert Murdoch entity.

And what's Purdon't done since Tiller retired? Nothing. You'd think a Fat 10 institution like Purdue would have the finest recruits in Texas walking highways to come play for such a great school in such a great conference.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Man, the "bitter" part of your username is right on the money. What the hell is with all resentment you spray toward ..well, sometimes seems like damn near everything. Is there anything you ever actually like or praise?

And seriously, is there anything more childish than the "Fat 10" "Purdon't" silly name stuff? You think anybody reads that and thinks "how clever!"

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Drew Brees says that would never happen.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

+1

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And with Rutgers (and probably UCONN) bailing from the Big East, Boise State, SDSU (and BYU) are looking at returning to the Mountain West.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8653727/boise-state-broncos-sdsu-aztecs-byu-cougars-talk-mwc-return-sources-say

I'd say, welcome back SDSU and Boise State to make it 12, but you must bring all your sports. To BYU, I'd say GFY.

Draft saved Draft deleted