1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mary Tyler Moore on Letterman (3/24)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Anybody see this? It was sad.

They were talking about sitcoms that are good and she mentioned Bonnie Hunt and how good she is. OK, but Bonnie Hunt hasn't had a sitcom in about three years. Her current show is a talk show.

The tabloids have been speculating for a while that MTM is nearly blind because of diabetes. I guess I watching for signs and it seemed like she had problems. It looked like she bumped into Dave when he walked onto the stage to greet her, and then it looked she had trouble finding the chair to sit down. He sort of had to steer her into it.

I know she's 73, and I'm sure the 40 years of diabetes has taken a toll, but I want her to always be Laura Petrie. Or Mary Richards.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

I know how you feel. Sort of like seeing Buddy Ebsen in his final days. I remember him as Jed Clampett and a younger Barnaby Jones who always drank milk. You hate to see your stars age before your eyes.

Draft saved Draft deleted