1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mary Beth is Graduating - Man Where Did the Time Go

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's been a long day.

And I've been waiting for someone to start a Bob Seger favorite songs thread.

3. Go, dude.
    I'll start.
    "Ramblin' Gamblin Man."

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You people...Boom and i are tied up all day, and no one posts the recap of PK trapped on a plane after taking the prep potion for the colonoscopy??

I am grieving the apparent loss of our rendition of PK trying to get into the SI condo in Talahassee, balancing four venti mocha lattes, two cell phones (one for personal, one for Brett), and fifteen plastic grocery bags from the Winn-Dixie.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I vote parody. ;)

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Sorry to post the Mike joke. I claim temporary insanity. Smack me harder in the future, Moddy.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'm guessing it's something similar to grease and friend foods. Maybe ice cream or apple pie on a good day.

9. This one could be PK or FB

10. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

My thoughts exactly. I'd heard the story paraphrased and believed it, but after reading it in its entirety... wow, just wow. I can't believe anyone takes themselves as seriously as he does.

I, too, love the parodies. I mean that one really read like one, right down to his daughter spending time in a dorm room and "not getting much sleep."

I read King every Monday. His column has good stuff and he has unreal access, but some of the stuff he writes is just ridiculous.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

A good parody would have put Tiki Barber in the seat next to him.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Peter or parody?

[​IMG]

Anaheim Angels manager Mike Scioscia and several of his players look on in horror as Sports Illustrated senior writer Peter King tips over a kid in a wheelchair and tramples a puppy in a attempt to snag a foul ball of the bat of Vlad Gurerro yesterday. (AP)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.