1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mary Beth is Graduating - Man Where Did the Time Go

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Far too real.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Where the heck am I and what's going on here? I just fell asleep for an hour with my contacts in, and I don't think I've ever been as confused as I am now.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

No, Mikey, this is why you're confused. But really, there's a better term for it.

[​IMG]

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I would love a Peter King catchall thread. This man has written so many things that are a mockery of what we do.

Dude uses his bully pulpit to hype his daughter's high school field hockey team. Dude uses his bully pulpit to brag about taking a spring training ball from a kid. Dude uses his bully pulpit to flog a pair of airline employees who were doing their jobs when his daughter had to have her damn yogurt pretzels.

Mary Beth, next time you have a craving, look at daddy. Read his column and watch him make ass on TV. Understand his sense of entitlement. See what a caricature he has become, the sports columnist who has morphed into idiot blogger.

You will realize this is the path you're going down. And you will skip those yogurt pretzels.

5. Damn, 'beetus really got ahold of that one.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

OH MY GOD OF ALL THE THINGS I'VE EVER SEEN PETER KING HAS JUST STOLEN A HOME RUN BALL FROM A LITTLE KID WITH RICKETS. PETER KING IS NEXT TO ME AND HE HAS STOLEN A HOME RUN BALL! OF ALL THE THINGS I'VE EVER SEEN PETER KING HAS A HOME RUN BALL! [/splicing threads]

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

What we need is a 'Peter or Parody?' contest...post some originals, and some of our finest parodies, and see who can guess which is which.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I had been saving it for awhile. Just waiting for the right time to use it. ;)

9. Oooh, I like that.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm sorry. Were you talking?

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

We lost some good ones back in the days when threads were purged, wish I had kept copies. I see Boom is already madly searching.

What do those Saved by the Bell guys have to do with this? Am I missing something?

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

No. They've got absolutely nothing to do with this thread, yet everything to do with everything. It's mind-boggling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.