1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marvin Harrison accused of shooting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pancamo, May 2, 2008.

1. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Actually, Pennsylvania state law says that any crime involving a gun is an automatic misdemeanor.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's weird. The "Marvin sulking on the sidelines because he is not seeing the ball Marvin" is the one everyone equates to "you think you know the guy." And that isn't what I had in mind when I posted. I actually once saw him do the nicest thing I have ever seen a pro athlete do for a little kid; and I have been around A LOT of football players when they were around kids and I have a great sense of what is fake and what is genuine from a lot of experience with this. One of those teammates--who was quick to say, "no one gets to know Marvin," kind of also told me "that is Marvin being Marvin." He can be really distant with a teammate one minute and then do something really kind and tender that few people will see. I just have had this picture in my head of a really complicated (have I used the word different?) guy. It certainly wasn't a guy getting into gunfights outside of bars--if that happened--which is why I reacted that way. Sorry if it was that over the top. I always thought in the right hands he would make the best profile ever written, but there is no way anyone can get close enough to him to get what you'd need for that profile. It's why every profile I have ever read of him has been insipid.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

What the hell did Joba Chamberlain do? :D

4. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

The point is, there is no "hmmmm...he looks like like the type that gets into gunfights" prototype out there.

We simply don't know who is capable of doing what.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Sweet Jesus.

What's going to be on the news tomorrow? Greg Maddux in a knife fight at a Wal Mart?

What the fuck is wrong with these guys? Just walk away. You are a fucking millionare.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Skimmed this thread, so forgive me if it's been brought up. But he was accused of being involved IN a shooting. What I've read has not said he's been accused of doing the shooting.

Minor point, but still. Can we fix the thread title? sportschick's was right.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

is this you grieving?

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

From the story:

On Wednesday, according to the source, ballistic tests showed that the gun that had fired the shots was a custom-made Belgian weapon, and police determined that Harrison owned such a gun. A source told ESPN.com's John Clayton that the gun is registered.

Police then went to a Philadelphia car wash owned by Harrison to question him about the gun. Harrison admitted owning such a weapon, but claimed it never left his suburban Philadelphia home.

However, the source said the gun was discovered in a bucket at the car wash, and tests showed that it had fired seven bullets that matched those found at the scene.

9. imjustagirl

Where does it say he did the shooting? Anywhere in there?

He's accused of being involved. I still haven't read anything saying he pulled the trigger.

Not saying he didn't...at all. I wasn't there. But it has not yet been said.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

From the original link:

Neither Harrison nor anyone else has been arrested in connection with the incident. Gargano reports that police are awaiting witnesses coming forward, but that one witness is prepared to testify that Harrison was the shooter.

So it is out there, for what it's worth.

11. imjustagirl

Then I apologize. I must have missed that part.

Beaucoup apologies.

12. patchs

patchs Active Member

Nothing, I hope, I meant Wilt and his 20,000 conquests.

Draft saved Draft deleted