1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marty McFly tries to get CERN to make like a tree

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Nov 30, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was a little strong...I agree. But, still, it had more credibility than I realized. Or at least the me in this universe realized. The me in the other one probably was far more clued in. And handsomer.

2. NDub

NDub Guest

Ironic that I watch "Fringe," a show with a multiverse, in the same time slot of the same evening as this show.

Thanks for the link.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The multiverse makes sense to me. I think it's a real possibility. But I hope we never have a way to prove it. I just don't know if the world will ever be prepared for the realization that we're essentially holograms. I just envision murder rates skyrocketing. For now, it's really smart peaceful people and losers like me with nothing better to do who contemplate it. I don't want the entire world thinking about it.

And I love Brian Greene's work on television and in books. Although I still chuckle thinking of his name and envisioning Brian Austin Greene writing books about theoretical physics.

4. NDub

NDub Guest

Has anyone seen "Another Earth?" It was an indie release, so I caught it in a small theater in Atlanta back in July. It came out on DVD/Blu-Ray on Tuesday. Anyway, it basically posits the question: What if there is another you out there? Would that person make the same decisions (mistakes, wise moves, etc.) as you? Would that person be better than you? What would you do if you met that person? It's a neat movie. Mike Cahill and Brit Marling might be staples in the biz for years to come.

Trailer:

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Just saw the trailer for this before the Win-Win DVD I got on netflix...added it to my que...won't be out until 12/27

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

And here I was, thinking murder rates would skyrocket when people actually started saying nice things about Sliders.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Let's forget about this idiot and talk about cool time-travel movies.

I always thought "Frequency" with Dennis Quaid and James Caviezel was pretty cool, showing how time travel could in theory generate an almost infinite number of "alternate realities" depending on what gets changed.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I never read science-fiction books but I did read a fantastic time-travel one called Re-Play, which I believe has some buzz about it.

I understand it holds the record for the longest-in-turnaround book-to-movie in Hollywood history. It's 20-30 years old and still not made, although people continue to try.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Time After Time" from 1978/79 was kind of crude in the sense of today's time-travel plots, but it was OK for its era.

Draft saved Draft deleted