1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marty McFly tries to get CERN to make like a tree

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Nov 30, 2011.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gadgets/man-arrested-at-large-hadron-collider-claims-hes-from-the-future-49305387/

Time traveler tries to interrupt the flow of Mountain Dew to the Large Hadron Collider, is arrested and later disappears from his cell, presumably returning to the future via his time travel device which is .... no, not a Mr. Coffee, but a blender.

The money quote:
    The man is clearly deranged. I mean, who tries to STOP Kit-Kats for everyone?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I look forward to living in our communist chocolate hellhole. Yum!

3. e4

e4 Member

story is dated April 1, 2010

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

You don't really understand time travel, do you? :p

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That was a mistake. Should be April 1, 3010

6. NDub

NDub Guest

I posted this on my Facebook the other day. It was a nice chuckle. I'm not sure if that's a legit timestamp or just a running gag the site has, but it's still funny.

Time travel is fascinating. It'd be awesome if this was a true news story. He could probably be discredited, yes, but what if? They thought Kyle Reese was crazy, too!

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Anyone catching/caught Brian Greene's Fabric of the Cosmos on Nova this past month?

I've read both of his books and seen every quantum physics show I can catch on TV, but these are the best I've ever seen. For the time travel portion, he uses the same loaf-of-bread illustration that he used in his first book, only this time it made complete sense to me.

Basically he explained the long-discussed belief that time travel could indeed be possible, especially back to the past...but then again, scientists wonder why there's no obvious proof that we've ever been visited from someone "in the future."

Other than the time-travel stuff, he also did a great job explaining the theory that's really gathering steam: That the known universe -- us and everything around us -- is actually a hologram of information contained in a distant location, most likely a giant black hole.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I look forward to when the world lives in harmony thanks to Wyld Stallions music.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.

Oh wait, that's Coke. For Mountain Dew you have to reach up a cheetah's asshole.

10. NDub

NDub Guest

Now, you've got me interested. This show was on Fridays at 9 p.m., which is my Fringe time. Although, I should have just set the DVR. I'd really like to see it.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It's a four parter. They are still in rotation on PBS stations (judging by my DVR) but you can also watch them here:

http://to.pbs.org/oyDfIg

I watched the final one last night and it jumps into the multiverse theory. I had no idea it was so widely regarded as fact now -- that right now, somewhere in another universe, people are reading SportsJournalists.com but wearing different shirts, or the room color's different, etc.

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

"Regarded as fact" might be a little strong. Multiverse theory is still awfully hard to test.

Draft saved Draft deleted