1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marty: "LT is the finest running back to ever wear an NFL Uniform"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

NO

NO

No

How in the hell can he say that after 6 years? And if Marty continues to be the coach while LT is still there, no damn way will he ever win a ring.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'll make Marty look restrained if LT2 has two more monster games to lead me to the crown. [/complete fantasy fanboy loooooooooooser]

Maybe Marty is a little overwrought, but the guy knows great backs. I mean fuck, he coached Earnest Byner and Greg Hill. Guy knows his legends.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

He can say it because he's his coach. It's obviously premature to make such a statement, but I think if he stays healthy and plays another 5-6 year, LT will go down as arguably the best RB ever, when you take into account yards, TDs, versatility, toughness and class.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

If we can talk LT into beating the shit out of Michael Irvin, then he can be No. 1 in any category in my book.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Hell no.......they're sitting together watching ol' NFL clips.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not a fan of Martyball. I do think he plays not to lose, so he will never win.

But 1) Schottenheimer has been saying things like this for a while. Why is it suddenly news? 2) He coaches LT. Is it that surprising he'd feel that way? 3) If someone wants to argue that LT is the best back ever, they can make the argument. Tomlinson's put his name in the conversation--not in terms of cumulative career numbers yet (although those will come), but in terms of "holy shit!" moments.

I personally think Barry Sanders was the king of those moments, but Tomlinson is pretty special. You can't have seriously watched football the last five years and not see that.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Difference though between "holy shit" moments and best rb ever.

Who is the best rb ever?

Barry Sanders
    Walter Payton
    Emmitt Smith
    Jim Brown

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Chargers are winning the Super Bowl.

Even Marty won't fuck this up. This is his Phil Mickelson man boobs moment.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I'd still take Payton, Brown and Sanders before Tomlinson. And I fuckin' hated Barry Sanders.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Brown
    Payton
    Sanders
    Jackson

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Oh Lord.

Phil Mickelson has a better chance of winning $3 million betting on the Super Bowl, than Marty winning one.

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Yeah, it's hard to argue against Bo Jackson, too. I saw Sanders and Payton in person, but not Bo Jackson, and looking back, I'd have loved to see him. I'm not sure we'll ever see a guy tear up two sports again the way he did.

Draft saved Draft deleted