1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marty Brennaman

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lyman_Bostock, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yeah, Gordon has at least one Peter Brady voice moment in every Twins game I've ever heard. One of these days he'll hit puberty.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

For Lanny Frattare and Greg Brown, who I enjoy, it's more like a bulldozer. I'd love to hear what they really think about Pirates' management...

3. Santo is unapologetic about his homerism -- I swear he thinks he's still on the team.
    However, when the Cubs are scuffling, he is often critical.
    Pat Hughes is very smooth.

I don't recall his name, but I like the guy who went to STL from the White Sox.
    His HR call is especially good.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

John Rooney.

5. Rooney is very good. Also, by all accounts, a very nice guy.

6. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Hamilton has become absolutely shameless in the Indians' radio booth since Herb Score left. You can flip on a game and know whether the Tribe is winning or losing within seconds just by the tone of Hamilton's voice. If they're winning, he's as chipper as can be. If they're losing, he sounds like he's one more error by Peralta from ending it all.

Contrast that with his part-time radio colleague Mike Hegan, who does the other games on TV. Versatile (can do either play by play or color), entertaining (no catchphrases needed) and fair. In other words, I can't believe he's still with the organization. He's about the only thing the Dolans haven't wrecked.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Here's my home run call: "Anything that travels that far ought to have MOTHERFUCKIN' SNAKES ON IT!"

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

You mean there's not one "Bull Durham" fan who found that even just a little bit funny?  :(

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

10. Frankly, I forgot that line was from "Bull Durham." My fault, not yours.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Should still be announcing White Sox games on the radio. Total BS he's not.

12. What was the deal with that, anyway?

Chicago loses Rooney and Pat Foley in the same year, for no apparent reason.

Draft saved Draft deleted