1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marty-Ball Fired!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Feb 12, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

As was previously noted, Rivera and Singletary - just up the coast in San Fran - spring to mind. I'd go defensive coach here.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Mariucci?

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I doubt it, I'd look for a defensive HC here, and a strong OC to continue Rivers development. Mooch isn't coming back as a coordinator. Fassell might though.

4. it would be silly to hire someone now you'd have to make a real commitment to.... they have to pay marty in 2007, plus the new coach. why make a rush decision and give some new coach a four or five-year deal....

the team is ready made for a super bowl. get a coach with super bowl experience who would be willing to take the job for one year.

dick vermeil.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Makes a lot of sense, and it would make for a couple of fun games with KC next year.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Take Vermeil for a year, then come in with Cowher.

Badda-boom.

7. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I was just thinking Vermiel before I sat down. Perfect. There aren't too many unemployede SB winners, maybe Switzer is interested.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

How 'bout dem Chargers!

For one year, Jimmy could do well.

10. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

It would be interesting to see what Mike Martz would do with that offense.

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Damn, and Marty thought he had it all figured out when he decided to not sign the extension. Marty has had plenty of failures, but I actually feel bad for him on this one.

12. Have Philip Rivers throw the ball 35 times per game.

Draft saved Draft deleted