1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marshall Faulk and Neon Deion call out Vick on air

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Dec 17, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Vick goes out of the game in the final minute with a sore pussy. The camera shows him on the bench, after the backup qb comes on, and the fireworks start: (I'm paraphrasing)

Faulk: All I know is that Kurt Warner would never come out of the game in a situation like that.
    Sanders: Would you have come out of the game in a situation like that?
    Faulk: Never. Would you have come out with the game on the line?
    Sanders: Only if they carried me out on a stretcher.

Thanks to these two for a rare bit of candor from the jock's booth. Too funny.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Close enough on their comments.
    They were only there because Vermeil had a bad throat and couldn't do the second half.
    Collinsworth had NBC commitments and he wasn't even there.
    I also liked how Sanders would ask Faulk for help when he didn't know what to say.
    The bit at the end when Sanders was a little disappointed when he realized doing color doesn't give you that much face time (as the camera zoomed in on him) was also refreshing.
    But Faulk and Sanders were talking so much, Gumbel kept fairly quiet and that was a good thing as well.

3. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Did his brother mistake him for a 15-year-old Virginia girl?

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I went to bed, don't know yet who won that game. I assume Dallas?

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You can find the results somewhere on The Internets.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Dallas 38, Atlanta 28
    T.O. two TDs, one spitting in the face of DeAngelo Hall.
    Barber, two TDs rushing, didn't spit in anyone's face.
    Mortenson and Vick both set their records.
    And when Atlanta needs him the most, Vick, who also threw an INT that was returned for a TD, is on the bench nursing his sore vagina. I mean groin.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I found it. Wasn't in much of a rush, didn't much care. Just had my curiousity piqued by this thread.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

How much will Julius Jones fetch the Cowboys on draft day?

9. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

it's easy to sit in the booth saying you'd never come out of a game in that situation, or sit on the couch and say vick had a sore vagina. none of us know if vick was really hurt. but if you can't go, you can't go. i'm sure deion and marshall can relate to that. i thought it was bush of them to suggest vick was faking.

10. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

i am really insulted and ashamed of this place because people are saying that vick hurt his "vagina."

shame on all of you.

everyone knows he just ripped up open the blisters and sores around his genitals.

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed listening to Faulk and Deion. They did a pretty good job. I think it also showed how easy doing color can be. Were they John Madden in his prime? No. But they were much better than most of the crap that is out there.

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

From what I saw, it looked like Vick was being a baby. And if anyone should be able to call Vick out for his actions, it should be someone like Faulk, who played with injury throughout his career.

Draft saved Draft deleted