1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marriott to change its newspaper policy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by trifectarich, Apr 13, 2009.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

1.3 million of USA Today's circ is hotel distribution.

Does anyone here buy or even know anyone who buys McNewspaper on a regular basis?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I buy it during college football season on Tuesdays - they have all the scores to date in their college football log. But except when trying to figure out which 7-5 team is better in a Champs Sports Bowl, it's unnecessary. The USAToday website is getting weaker by the month as well. They keep stories on their pages for days.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

At least they're asking guests if they want the paper and not:

1) Forcing guests to actively request a paper

OR

2) Forcing guests to pay for a paper if they want one.

The move makes sense. What if a guest doesn't want the paper? He or she can opt out of getting one now.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I stayed in Marriotts for roughly 50 days out of the past year. I'd estimate that I've stepped over the USA Today on about half the time. Judging by the corridors I walk down, I'd say I'm about average.

I use local TV for the weather and the internet access to catch up on news.

Personally, I'd rather get the Journal, but I'm not brokenhearted if I can't.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If given the option I always ask for the local paper over USA Today.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I get it about twice a week. Not sure if I should admit that or not, but it's true.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

My dad's an original subscriber. It's one of the four papers he gets during the week. It's also the least read of the four.

Draft saved Draft deleted