1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marriott going 100% smoke-free

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

My big problem with smokers and hotel rooms is when smokers get non-smoking rooms then smoke.

Even the smokers don't like smoking rooms, yet they'll smoke up a non-smoking room.

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

If we can ban smoking in hotel rooms, any way we can ban pot smoking at outdoor concerts?
    Went to a concert last night and I swear I came home with a contact high. Ugh!

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

An excerpt from The Detroit News' Tom Gage notebook:

Where there's smoke

There's Leyland.

Finding a hotel that allows smoking, however, is getting increasingly difficult -- now that the Marriott chain has announced it will be smoke-free in September.

What does that do to the chain-smoking manager?

"I won't be there -- and you can write that," Leyland said after lighting up another Marlboro during his pregame media session.

I love Jim Leyland.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sxy, are you really complaining about someone smoking pot at an outdoor (OUTDOOR) concert?

Who did you see play, that you were so shocked by your contact buzz?

5. Sxysprtswrtr

I'm not bitching perse .. it's a free world and it was outdoors, but this is the second time I've gotten a contact-high at this particular outdoor venue. The first contact concert was Dave Matthews. The second was last night and if I reveal who it was, let's just say, you'd know where I live. haha.

I wish there was a way I wouldn't be subject to inhaling marijuana. That's all.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yeah. And I wish I didn't have to deal with all thos fucking hippies at Phish shows.

Someone should make a lwa.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

You're comparing apples to oranges.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You can listen to the albums at home.
    Or you can go to the outdoor show and deal with the fact that people smoke dope at rock concerts.

The important question is, did they at least offer you a hit?

Dudes a row behind me at the Pearl Jam show I just went to smoked the entire time — and didn't offer anyone around them any. That's plain rude.

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Do you drive a gasoline-powered vehicle?

10. Point of Order

The people who are so smug, self-righteous and condescending towards smokers will die of stress before second-hand smoke. Relax.

11. Point of Order

Know what to expect when you go to a Willie Nelson show! LOL.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

My gasoline-powered vehicle has equipment to take the most noxious pollutants out of the exhaust. No nicotine addict can claim that.

When you agree to wear a catalytic converter, you can smoke around me. Until then, I reserve the right to take yer damn cancer sticks away.

Draft saved Draft deleted