1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Married people going against each other on a beat? A conflict of interest?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Talk about pumping someone for information

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

When they're both batshit crazy, nobody worries about them going at full force. :D

3. Mizzougrad96

The one where the parties in question are engaged - One of the most competitive college beats in the country.

The one where they're married - Pretty big college beat.

I'm surprised no one has been outed yet. I'm guessing a lot of people on here know who the married couple is.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

sorry, bud. if we've plummeted that low i'm beyond speechless. obviously i'm aware of the deals our papers have with another to carry some of their stories but in no way is there ever a concern of impropiety -- in our case, we only take gamers and notes from the other paper; we are NEVER given or tipped off to breaking or exclusive news.

if the married couple in question work for competing papers, sorry, but one of them has to give it up -- for both professional and marital reasons. if the biz has deteriorated to the point of no one caring anymore about such blatant conflict, well, that would be one more reason to be glad i'm on the way out...

5. DC_Reeves

DC_Reeves Member

Is it Urban Meyer and Jeremy Fowler?

6. Mizzougrad96

Fowler now covers Lord Favre, so he's switched Drama Queens.

Draft saved Draft deleted