1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Married male baseball writer" outed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 9, 2017.

1. I'm not even sure what is going on here..
    A person claiming to be a married male baseball writer was fired from two gigs for harassing women online. .... But (I think), the writer is actually a 21-year-old woman.
    I have No idea if she was actually writing, while posing as a male writer.

http://nypost.com/2017/11/09/married-male-baseball-writer-outed-as-catfishing-abusive-woman/

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

To quote FJM: Fuck the heck?

sgreenwell, Hermes and Big Circus like this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Is Winona State involved? Maybe JDV?

cjericho likes this.
  6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

“Hire her!” — Lynn Hoppes

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I don't know how many true old-timers we have left around here, but this crazy-ass story reminded me of at least two very early posters--a "very connected" midwesterner and a profane, telling it like it is without giving any fucks "NHL writer" from New York--who concocted back stories about themselves that were quite easily disproven either by a Yahoo search or, if you were unfortunate like me, a face-to-face meeting. They would have been catfishers, if they were smart enough to pull it off. Back me up here, true old-timers.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The best part about this anecdote is the matter-of-fact reference to a “Yahoo! search.”

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Haha I threw that in there b/c I wasn't sure if Google had taken over the world by 2003.

doctorquant likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This story is more confusing than Sean Hannity's attempts to cover for Roy Moore.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think I was around but I don't remember this. It's scary how much shit has happened here.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I always down for a trip in the wayback machine.

Draft saved Draft deleted