1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Married guys - yes or no on the wedding band?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, May 20, 2008.

?

Married guys, are you wearing a wedding band right now?

1. yes

84.7%
  2. no

15.3%
  1. markvid

markvid Guest

When my wife was pregnant, I begged her to take hers off with about 2 months to go...she said no, she didn't want people thinking she was an unmarried mom, but I kept telling her, I spent enough on that ring, they better not have to cut it off, she finally relented, and sure enough, it took almost 30 minutes for her doc to get it off.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Never take mine off.

3. Faithless

Faithless Member

Been married 22 years, and I haven't worn mine in about a year.

I started taking it off because it was irritating my ring finger and left hand. It became uncomfortable to wear. My mother had the same problem years ago. She'd have a bad rash on her left hand and ring finger, and the docs said it was caused by the metal in rings. She had to quit wearing rings.

My wedding ring (the only one I've had) is in my wife's jewelry box, next to her third wedding ring. She's lost both the original band and the replacement. She now wears a ring that looks similar to a wedding band, but a little more decorative. My wife likes rings so much, she wears her high school class ring (from 1981) on her right hand.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I rarely go out without mine. It took some getting used to at first. Now it bothers me more when I forget to put it on.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's looking more and more like:
    Married guys, are you now too fat to pry your wedding band off?

6. I take mine off at the gym, so it doesn't get nicked on weights.

Other than that, I've always got it on. It feels strange on the odd occasion I forget to put it back on after lifting and get home without it.

7. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Who says you have to be married? [/Costanza]

8. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I take mine off at the gym and when I play basketball. And when I'm in water (shower, pool, ocean, etc) because it's too big for my finger and tends to fall off. So better than lose it in the ocean, I leave it in my glasses case.

9. Editude

Editude Active Member

Wore one for years, including lifting weights and much-too-serious adult baseball, until it got stuck and I had to drive down to the fire station to have it removed (Daughter thought that was hilarious). Mrs. Editude and I since have upgraded our rings, but I'm inconsistent in wearing mine.

10. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

I actually don't. I've been married almost four years, and love Mrs. Irish dearly, but don't wear my ring. Jewelry's not really my thing, nor, particularly, is symbolism. She knows I'm committed and that's what matters.
    But also, I have really skinny fingers and my ring is too big, and on the second day of our honeymoon it fell off and we thought I'd lost it for like a half hour (turned out to just be in the trunk of the car). Haven't worn it since. I believe it's still in her purse.

11. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Got one but never wear it. Can't stand rings, especially after watching a friend of mine get a ring stuck on a saw, causing a finger to get nearly shaved off. Wife bitches about it constantly.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I lost mine once after covering a football game. Slipped off and rolled under the front passenger seat in my car. I had no idea it had come off and went into a panic when I realized it was off my hand, thinking it had fallen off in the parking lot, rather than landing in the car.

My wife found it the next morning. I'm not sure which pissed her off more, me losing it or her having to be the one to find it.

Draft saved Draft deleted