1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Married guys - yes or no on the wedding band?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, May 20, 2008.

?

Married guys, are you wearing a wedding band right now?

1. yes

84.7%
  2. no

15.3%
  1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Kind of hard up for a sig, aren't you? Even with all the gold I provide?

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dude, that was some good stuff.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

My almost-lost wedding ring story:

We'd been married only a year or so. One summer day I went off to play golf. I'm changing shoes in the parking lot, and I put my wallet, keys, ring, etc., in a little pile on the parking lot, and then into a compartment in my golf bag. That way, I'm sure I don't lock my keys in the trunk.

Somehow, I pick up everything except my ring and put it in my golf bag. It's still sitting there on the parking lot, and off to play I go.

Five hours later I'm walking through the parking lot, back to my car, and as I pop open the trunk of the car, a stranger comes up to me and asks, "Are your initials XYZ?"

I'm thinking to myself, Of all the questions in the world I could have been asked, this is one I never would have expected. But I say, "Yes, that's correct."

Then he goes on to tell me he finds my ring in the parking lot, and evidently I kicked it a couple of feet away from where all my other stuff was. We had our initials engraved on the inside of our rings and that's how he knew my initials.

Never have told my wife this story.

4. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Glad I can provide, as always. :)

rb

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so solid, rb. so. darned. solid.

Draft saved Draft deleted