1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marriage Proposals, Weddings and Divorces

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A centralized place to talk about all things matrimony, and stuff.

So, this proposal just appeared on the FB thread, out of Salt Lake City.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l4HpWQmEXrM#t=82

Reminds me of Amy's wedding song, which you either love or hate. I tend to think it's outstanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy1uWAm4SnI

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's incredibly well-done. It's also a bit much... But, if the bride is in musical theater, it was probably perfect for her.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What did you think of the SLC proposal?

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Ugh. I hate those kinds of proposals. So fucking showy.

5. Mizzougrad96

I'm not a fan of public proposals. I have a friend who thought it would be a good idea to propose at his sister-in-law's wedding reception. The only person he ran the idea by was her brother, who basically told him, "Sure, sounds good..." When he told his friends about it a couple days later he said, "I haven't gotten any grief for it yet." We said, "Oh, you will..."

And he did... They still got married, but the sister whose wedding he hijacked, did not attend, and he's not invited to certain family functions, which includes some holidays... I'm not predicting long-term success...

6. Mizzougrad96

I was at a wedding for a pretty prominent writer and his best man gave the most mind-boggling toast I've ever heard...

He basically told the story about how the groom had been pouting after being dumped by another girl and how he had been crying in his dorm room and he had to drag him out to a party where he wound up meeting his wife.

That, in and of itself might not seem too bad, but there was, "I remember him saying, I will never meet another girl that hot. I will never meet another girl that cool." and the groomsman said the f-word probably no fewer than 10 times during the toast, and when this was pointed out to him afterwards, he was unaware he had done it even once...

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Roll Tide.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And speaking of life events ... this obituary in the Reno paper celebrates Mom's death, not her life.

http://gawker.com/this-brutal-obituary-is-a-reminder-to-be-good-to-your-c-1286582748

he is survived by her 6 of 8 children whom she spent her lifetime torturing in every way possible. While she neglected and abused her small children, she refused to allow anyone else to care or show compassion towards them. When they became adults she stalked and tortured anyone they dared to love. Everyone she met, adult or child was tortured by her cruelty and exposure to violence, criminal activity, vulgarity, and hatred of the gentle or kind human spirit.

9. Mizzougrad96

I've had to write obits for a handful of relatives. If anyone is stupid enough to ask me to write one for my father when he kicks, it might resemble that one... :D

10. To counter ....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/07/grandparents-day-2013_n_3887074.html

11. Who is the bottom in this relationship?

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm with you.

Draft saved Draft deleted