1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marriage made in Canadian music hell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

AC/DC was the loudest show I ever attended, lots of fun too.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Given that Avril Lavigne was 17 ten years ago, it should not be a surprise she's now 27.

She was the musical guest on SNL when Jeff Gordon was the host.

3. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

That's some profound shit, right there.

Might be a Nickelback lyric, soon.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Hey, Miguel Tejada was the American League MVP ten years ago at age 26.

He's now 38.

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Fausto Carmona was 22 years old 10 years ago. He's now Roberto Hernandez.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

HAVE YOU EVEN FUCKING HEARD METALLICA?!

Do tell, what's similar about "The Unforgiven" and "One" and "Creeping Death" and "Nothing Else Matters" (OK, that's a cheap one to include)?

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I would like to point out that Avril Lavigne sucks.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

She won't after she's married.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

well done.

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Would you believe fabulous? Granted, it was essentially a cover band at this point, but the lead guy sounded EXACTLY like Lou Gramm. I'm not sure if it was a tour or a one-shot thing (they mentioned flying in) but it was that particular drummer's last show. We knew it was over when the rest of the band disassembled his drum set (as he was playing) and the hootchie coohie dancers essentially gave him a lap dance.

Compared to the other fair act I saw (Zac Brown Band), Foreigner was WAY more into the community relations aspect of it. At every stoppage, they mentioned either the city or the state (and were right each time) and had the high school choir join in for "I Wanna Know What Love Is." They also donated that night's CD sales to the band (it was a flood recovery thing). I think they sold something like 300 or so.

Possibly due to a maelstrom, there were no video screens (they had one for ZBB, and Foreigner played one song then the skies opened and we had an hour rain delay), but the show was really fabulous. With the exception of "Double Vision" (which could have been the opener before the rains - I got there late), they played every song I knew.

What shocked me most was that my 21-year-old colleague who went with me knew every single word. Even "Dirty White Boy."

I would SO be into Loverboy, though.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Or Everlast's new album, "Casey Stengel Sings the Blues."

Draft saved Draft deleted