1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marriage made in Canadian music hell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Aug 22, 2012.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Was thinking the same thing about me and HC although she does remind me from time to time that I've outkicked my coverage. :)

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

On the front page with the Queen and Liz and Dick

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Speaking of "Dick's" don't forget George Michael.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I can't believe I had avid wrong, I suppose the word I was grasping for was casual. My apologies, and slightly embarrassed.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I was surprised to hear she was 27. The creepiness kicked in before I heard how old she was.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Has Avril played the Grey Cup yet? Cause Nickleback just played in Vancouver, and again they weren't pretty decent. The pressbox was actually quite funny, bitching non-stop leading up to the performance, followed by a lot of sheepish "they weren't that bad" and "That was OK, I guess". Heard very few if any "Thank God that's over."

8. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I would like to preface this by stating that I am not a Nickleback fan however they put on a great show. I saw 2 free small venue concerts and they were absolutely fantastic.

I have some family relationship through in-laws to the band as well as having done some work with them and they are really decent guys.

Does not make their music any less suckier, just think they are good guys doing what they do really well.

9. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Ten years from now, they'll be playing at Fair's like most old Canadian Bands seems to be doing these days.

-Glass Tiger
    -Loverboy
    -Honeymoon Suite
    -April Wine

10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

While you may not be wrong I do not think any of those bands has had the world wide success that Nickleback has had.

11. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

I saw Nickleback live about 10 years ago when they opened for Everclear. They were OK. It was a couple years later when they got more famous that they started putting out the real crap

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I just saw Foreigner, so fair play is definitely not limited to Canadian bands.

Having said that, if Glass Tiger or Loverboy came, I'd make an effort to go.

Am I the only one who thought Avril was older than 27? She's been married before, hasn't she?

Draft saved Draft deleted