1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marley & Me -- SPOILER INCLUDED

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OnTheRiver, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Sort of like the trailer for The Express in that way.

2. Scouter

Scouter Member

I read the book last week and saw the film Saturday night. The book was far better.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

so, the dog dies at 13 of natural causes? what's the fuss? isn't "my dog skip" a great "kids" movie that ends the same way?

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I thought it was a decent flick. Yes, the previews were misleading, but it's better than a comedy that tries to be a comedy and fails. At least the story was entertaining. I wouldn't pay to see it again, though.

It's just nonsense that a dog dying of natural causes has created any fuss.

5. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

It's not just that the dog dies. It's that they spend a quarter of a movie on the death. That's not what I thought it would be like.

6. Scouter

Scouter Member

I should've seen this coming after reading the book and watching the movie in the last week. I called my mom tonight to wish her a happy birthday and catch up on things back home. She told me that our rat terrier of 14 years -- the dog I grew up with -- had been hacking and coughing lately. My dad took him to the vet today and he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. Doesn't look too promising. Impeccable timing.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's a good point.

8. KG

KG Active Member

I didn't think it was nearly a quarter of the movie they spent on the death. Maybe it's because I'm such a dog lover that I was too busy being sad about it and lost track of time.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I really wanted to hate this movie. I hate both lead actors. I hate dog movies, especially when you know the dog dies in the end.

Actually a pretty good flick.

Draft saved Draft deleted