1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark Winegardner on the Alabama teabagger and LSU victim in ESPN the Mag

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Nov 15, 2012.

1. This. ^^^^^^^^^^^

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You know what, scratch that shit. Jesus I hate my home sometimes.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Both guys were behaving like wasted, inconsiderate frat boys.
    Embarrassing public scoldings and moderate fines are enough for me.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I hope the guy sues the shit out of him and Krystals. Hit them where it really hurts, in the pockets.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Again, a waste of taxpayer money.
    Spank them both, and fine 'em both.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Believe it or not I don't have a strong opinion on the sentencing ----

But...

1.) This story left a lot to be desired. Like someone said it was rather shallow and didn't really contain a lot more than just the facts. Would really have liked to hear more from the teabagger's wife and family. Would like to know more about how he is being treated by people in his neighborhood/community etc.

2.) Did I read this right - the teabagger has never apologized to the teabaggee? What the hell - that should have been the first thing that was done.

3.) I could have lived with a sentence of a big fine and a couple of years probation but 10-months in a camp is OK I suppose. I think that this is exactly the kind of thing we way too often pooh pooh as just drunken silliness - but this was a 32-year old man, not an 18-year old college kid. Had the teabagger been 18-year old college kid, I'd probably say the sentence was too steep but if you are 32 and don't know any better then maybe you need jail time.

4.) If ever there was a story we could use to teach our kids about why they shouldn't drink to excess, well this is it.

I mean, in many ways the kid who got teabagged is LUCKY that is all that happened to him - he got drunk so badly that he wandered around the French Quarter - a high crime area by the way - and then passed out in a diner for hours and has no idea how he ended up sleeping in his car.

And here is a family man who got so drunk he lost his mind, along with his self respect, dignity and not too mention his job and maybe even his family (she says she is standing by her man, but, um, we shall see....), and for what?

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

He didn't lose his mind. This guy knew EXACTLY what he was doing. He proudly pulled out his wanker and rubbed it on a drunk guy. He feels remorse because his actions went viral and he was prosecuted. Fuck him. Maybe one cold night in the joint, Big Bubba will return the favor.

8. zagoshe

So you think, had the guy not been completely toasted and drunk off his ass, he would have made the same choices?

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Zag, this guy wasn't that drunk. If he was that drunk, he'd been like the LSU fan. He knew what he was doing. Look at the video. He wanted to be an ass clown supreme.

10. zagoshe

Did you even read the story?

Him and his friends were drinking for hours and that included shots and whiskey and all kinds of stuff -- and when he woke up the next morning his friends asked if he remembered anything about the night before or being in the diner and he didn't.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I don't believe he doesn't remember what he did.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Does anyone else have a problem with stuff like this being posted on the internet and charges resulting from someone watching a video?

That part does bother me a bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted