1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark Warner Running For Senate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Sep 11, 2007.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

But enough about the 2006 elections ...

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I luuuuv to play this game.

Name three people who are publically well-known as conservative personalities -- who are also renowned for having a well-developed sense of humor which resonates above sitcom level.

You can't name three.

And I'll GIVE you Chris Hitchens as a free square.

Can't wait to see these responses.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Chris Hitchens comes off as the Bill Maher of writing to me. Pompous and self-important and really just full of hot air. He ain't funny.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I hear ya. But I'll GIVE 'em that one. They only have to come up with two.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

6. Tom Davis (R) has people organizing his Senate run. He's a pretty popular candidate in a pretty powerful position (Minority leader of House committee on Government Oversight)

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

And Warner will grind him to dust.

8. Flying Headbutt

Davis might not even win the primary if Gilmore runs. He's by far the better Republican to run, but I don't think any GOPer from NOVA wins anything in ROVA, especially against Gilmore. And then Mark will just slay Gilmore to the point his run for president looks like a better idea.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

BTW, Bob Novak is predicting that the Republicans will lose five seats at a minimum.

I'm sure a few of our smarter posters will be right along to explain to him that the Democrats are dying as a party.

10. Really?
    Yes, and we all know how much people like you respected Novak in the Plame/Wilson affair. Now, when you agree with him, he becomes the Oracle of Delphi.

14 months, folks. 14 months.

11. Flying Headbutt

Lyman, yes, really.

Mark Warner, at least right now, is immensely popular in Virginia. Tom Davis is pretty well-liked in northern Virginia. The rest of the state? They'll be looking at him mighty warily. If Gilmore runs the rest of the state will vote for him, except for the fast growing northern Virginia area, which will avoid him like the plague since he did such a great job of fucking things up in the area when he was Governor.

It would take some sort of collossal mistake by the Warner camp for him to lose this.

12. Allen was unbeatable, too, or so I heard.

14 months is an eternity in politics, FH.

Draft saved Draft deleted